Oil on сanvas
97 x 124
State Russian Museum
Пост. в 1987 от Т. С. Анисимовой-Куприной, вдовы художника, Москва
In 1904, landscapes of Moscow and surrounding areas began appearing in Kuprin’s work, among which were views of Kotly (Verkhnie and Nizhnie Kotly), areas in the south of Moscow on the right bank of the Moskva River. They became part of Moscow in the 1930s.
Kuprin, Alexander Vasilievich
1880, Borisoglebsk, Tambov Gubernia — 1960, Moscow
Painter, graphic artist, monumentalist; painted still lifes and landscapes. Studied at the Voronezh School of Painting and Drawing (1896), at the Lev Dmitriev-Kavkazsky school in St Petersburg (1902–1904), under Konstantin Juon and Ivan Dudin at the School of Drawing and Painting (1905–1906) and at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture (1906–1910). Contributed to exhibitions (from 1908). Professor (1924). Corresponding member of the Academy of Arts of the USSR (from 1954). Honoured Artist of the RSFSR.